2.17.2009

AROUND THE PARK

I walked around the park today,
Near a place I used to work.
I walked on grass, softball fields,
Boys and girls kicking soccer balls,
On grass, on cinder path, men and dogs,
Cocker Spaniel dogs and larger dogs.
Earphones all plugged in.

Softball fields were smooth like someone cared
Near a place I used to work.
The fields were scraped clean and even,
Little footprints first to third,
Ready for action,
With lumpy tufted grass.

Woman walking in green scrubs,
Large man to small boy, ‘What are you doing?
‘Small boy stuff’,
Woman running, pounding her best,
Two men in their language,
Clouds get grey in late afternoon
While people fight theirs.

Everyone I needed to see,
Women,
Men,
Young,
Old,
Animals and cars going
In, out
All there,
Near a place I used to work.
I worked today.
Someday,
I can say.

No comments: